Describe your image.
THE RESEARCH ON POLY
WHAT TO EXPECT
Most fertility clinics now require women who are undergoing In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) to receive acupuncture along with their treatment. Not only utilized with an IVF regime, acupuncture is being proven time and time again to be of utmost benefit to any woman wishing to conceive.
Studies have shown that acupuncture:
1. Calms the nervous system
2. Improves blood flow throughout the pelvic region
3. Improves pregnancy outcomes when used in conjunction with IVF
4. Treats polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Receiving acupuncture before and after in vitro fertilization can increase the chance that the embryo will be implanted successfully, as well as reduce the chance of miscarriage.
There are also indications that the effectiveness of the IVF drugs and procedure may improve if acupuncture is done approximately once or twice a week in the month or two leading up to the start of IVF and then continued regularly, about once or twice a week, during the entire cycle.
In a study conducted by Paul C. Magarelli, M.D.,a Diane K. Cridennda, L.Ac.,b and Mel Cohen, Ph.D.:
“Changes in serum cortisol and prolactin associated
with acupuncture during controlled ovarian
hyperstimulation in women undergoing in vitro
fertilization–embryo transfer treatment”
Our study demonstrates that Ac (acupuncture) treatments (Cridennda/
Magarelli protocol) improve reproductive outcomes in IVF
patients. There is very little literature regarding the role of
CORTand PRL in patients treated in controlled ovarian stimulation
conditions such as IVF-ET. We believe that in addition
to the understanding that our research brings to
a potential mechanism of action of Ac in IVF-ET cycles,
the physiologic implications of our observations may well
add to our understanding of the conditions responsible for
positive IVF outcomes.
From Natural News.com:
Researchers from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden conducted a study.
“In the new study, just published in the American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, a group of women with PCOS were given acupuncture where the needles were stimulated both manually and with a weak electric current. A second group of study participants was told to exercise at least three times a week, while a third group acted as controls. All the women were given information on the importance of regular exercise and a healthy diet.”
"The study shows that both acupuncture and exercise reduce high levels of testosterone and lead to more regular menstruation," researcher Elisabet Stener-Victorin, who headed the study, said in a statement to the media. "Of the two treatments, the acupuncture proved more effective."
1. When you visit the clinic for the first session, Ms. Hutchins spends a significant amount of time inquiring about your health history. A thorough examination is performed with each treatment, consisting of an in-depth patient interview which covers not only focusing on your specific fertility goals, but also the other health imbalances happening within the body that can be attributing to the inability to conceive. Everything from allergy symptoms, to food cravings, to your predominant emotions, to learning about your menstrual cycle is discussed.
2. Certain foods we eat, the duration of unsuccessful conception, and even life stresses can play a crucial role in inhibiting conception. This is all addressed in the examination.
3. Next, Ms. Hutchins reads your pulse to form a diagnosis. This is done by placing the fingers on both radial pulse locations. The energy of every body organ is represented in the pulse and is an important indicator for understanding what body system imbalances can be contributing to your inability to conceive.
4. After the diagnosis has been determined, Ms. Hutchins places hair thin, disposable needles into specific acupuncture points. The needles are left in place for around 25 minutes. The treatment is incredibly relaxing!
5. Once the needles are removed, Ms. Hutchins gives further instructions for managing stress, dietary changes to increase energy and enhance vitality, as well as herbal prescriptions when necessary.